users@glassfish.java.net

Re: <exclude-unlisted-classes>false</exclude-unlisted-classes>

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2007 08:34:52 PST

Hi, thanks for taking the time to get back so quickly.

I appreciate that the spec indicates exclude-unlisted-classes is purely for a J2EE environment and that a great job has been done with toplink essentials to make it work in other environments - so many thanks!

In our case we're talking about an out of container SE environment. Classes to be scanned are simply class files on the classpath (ie not jarred). If this isn't a circumstance you cater for can you recommend a solution without class listing - jarring up the classes and including on the classpath etc.?

Whilst I appreciate the spec indicates it's the prefered way to list classes, it makes for a simpler life not having to maintain though so if we can make it work all the better.

Many thanks for your help,

Andrew.
[Message sent by forum member 'nugs' (nugs)]