users@glassfish.java.net

Monitoring Web Services

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2007 03:59:59 PST

Hi,

I tried to follow the technical article about Managing and Monitoring Web Services in Project GlassFish (http://developers.sun.com/appserver/reference/techart/ws_mgmt.html) with the small change that I deploy the web service as a war file and not as an autodeploy compilation.

The Web Service works without a glitch and is shown in the top level point "web service". The test works as well.

I am currently working with a more complex architecture than in the example:
- The Admin Server doesn't hold any applications and is only used for administrative purposes
- The Applications are deployed on a server instance loaded via a nodeagent (same machine, but that shouldn't be a problem if it were another one).

I have a few Problems with the whole thing:
1) The monitoring of the web service doesn't work. I can change the level as I want, the messages and the traffic is never shown.

2) the wsdl url in the "Web Services> HelloWorld > General" Page points to the admin server with port 80 (http://testserver.mycp.com/WebServiceTest/HelloWorldService?wsdl) which is not really pointing anywhere as I don't have ANY server on port 80 (I have a web server there and I get an error that the object wasn't found, which is actually correct).

3) When I change the context root of the web service application (from /HelloWorld to /test/hello as an example). The Test button isn't relinked to the new URL and the test doesn't work anymore.

4) The URL of the test application hast a slash too much (it still works, isn't really nice though...): http:/testserver.mycp.com:38080//WebServiceTest/HelloWorldService?Tester

Can anyone tell me if those are bugs that need fixing or if I have configured the whole thing wrong?

thanks
jeremie
[Message sent by forum member 'granat' (granat)]