users@glassfish.java.net

Re: GlassFish V3 planning - What do *you* want in GlassFish V3?

From: Nick Stuart <nicholas.stuart_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 18 Nov 2007 08:45:45 -0500

Unfortunately I think that is the limit of eclipses 'integration'. I
have a coworker who uses it as well, and yes, it does just do a
complete redeploy for every change, and yes it sucks up a lot of time.

One simple way to get around this is to not use Eclipse to do the
deploy/undeploy. If you have a build script already that makes a
directory that you then WAR that should be enough. Do a manual
'deploydir', adn when you have a change just run a build and update
the directory. If you have a class change you'll need to restart GF,
jsp changes should be seen automatically. It's still not optimal, but
it might help.

-Nick

p.s. You can deploy a directory through the admin console or through
the command line, both options I believe are covered in the docs, but
it is fairly straight forward to do.