users@glassfish.java.net

Read file from docroot

From: yonestar <jashar_at_umd.edu>
Date: Fri, 2 Nov 2007 08:39:14 -0700 (PDT)

Hi,

I am trying to read a file using Java's File() class. This file is located
in the docroot. The File() class only finds a file from something like
"C:/program files/glassfish/ ..."; it cannot understand a file coming off
"localhost:8080/App"

I want to deploy this application on several machines, where the absolute
path of the docroot will be different for each machine.

Is there a way I can get Glassfish to give me the absolute path of the
docroot?
Any other way to read a file from the docroot dir, without knowing before
hand the absolute path of the docroot?

thanks!