users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Glassfish v2g on Mac 10.5 Leopard

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Fri, 16 Nov 2007 05:26:56 PST

Hi Arjun,

> Email me at (arjun a-t arjunlall dot com) so I can
> get details about where I should Paypal the money.

Wow. You seem to be serious. However, I must say that this is
part of my "job" (well, I believe in community service :) ).
But since I have been given this opportunity, I'll contact you
on your private e-mail address.

> It is strange and possibly a problem with 1) Apple,
> 2) Apple's java implementation or 3) some strange
> configuration on my computer.
>
> It is odd though since on Tiger the exact same
> configuration worked, but now that I have upgraded to
> Leopard it stopped.
>
> Have you installed Leopard or know anyone else who
> has been able to get glassfish to work on Leopard
> with wireless?

I am not so sure that it is Leopard-Tiger difference. I have seen similar
complaints with Tiger, I believe. It's more of Mac OS X/ BSD thing,
I suppose.

> While I should be fine without the JMX connector
> since I am only developing on this machine, I would
> be happy to try out any solutions anyone can think of
> to try and get this to work.

Oh Absolutely. I think jmx-connector-disabling is suggested
only as a work-around. I don't like that since I am the original
integrator of JMX Connector technology into GlassFish and it's
not a good thing that you don't get to use it :).

So, yes, I promise -- I will study it a bit a more and get back to you
as I learn more.

Regards,
Kedar
[Message sent by forum member 'km' (km)]