users@glassfish.java.net

when and why to create a custom JNDI resource ?

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Thu, 15 Nov 2007 16:06:26 PST

Cheng's blog gives an example of how to create a custom resource.

http://blogs.sun.com/chengfang

So when is it appropriate to use a custom resource? What are the design advantages?

In my current design, a session bean is calling a singleton to get a helper that performs some HTTP posting of data to a DB.

I certainly could add a custom resource but would this just be a gratuitous addition? I could also create additional session beans to perform the posting.
[Message sent by forum member 'frenchdrip' (frenchdrip)]