users@glassfish.java.net

glassfish v2 problems on Turkish locale

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Thu, 15 Nov 2007 04:55:57 PST

Hi,
I've installed glassfish v2 on windows XP with Turkish locale. Installation was smooth except and i was able to start domain1 without any problems. Start page on port 8080 says [b]Your server is up and running[/b] but when i want to access to admin page (on port 4848), i get the following error after login screen. Any application that netbeans tries to deploy on glassfish also fails.

[i]
type Exception report
message
descriptionThe server encountered an internal error () that prevented it from fulfilling this request.
exception
javax.servlet.ServletException: java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException while attempting to process a 'beforeCreate' event for 'sun_page1'.
root cause
java.lang.RuntimeException: java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException while attempting to process a 'beforeCreate' event for 'sun_page1'.
root cause
root cause
java.lang.reflect.UndeclaredThrowableException
root cause
javax.management.AttributeNotFoundException: AdminSessionTimeoutInMinutes
[/i]

This problem can be resolved by modifying launcher.xml and processlauncher.xml files under glassfish lib folder. You have to add [b]<sysproperty key="user.language" value="tr-TR" />[/b] keys for each process in processlauncher.xml and for each target in launcher.xml. [/b]

I think this problem should be added to release notes. Most probable reason for this error is conversion of I to i. In Turkish, lowercase for I is ı and uppercase for i is İ.

As usual, write once run everywhere except Turkey.

Bilgehan
[Message sent by forum member 'bilgehan' (bilgehan)]