users@glassfish.java.net

Cluster failover producing 503 error codes

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Thu, 15 Nov 2007 02:51:24 PST

I have a two machine glassfish cluster all setup and working. But I'm having a problem with the failover.

When I deploy the sample clusterjsp app, I can kill either of the instances and the other automatically picks up the load. However, when I deploy my app it seems as if one of the two instances never serves a request successfully, and when forced to serve a request (by killing the other instance) it returns a 503 error code.

Has anybody experienced this before? I am judging that the cluster setup is fine based on the sample cluster app working as it should. So I am led to believe it must be a configuration issue of some kind.
[Message sent by forum member 'rwillie6' (rwillie6)]