users@glassfish.java.net

ERM Question

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Wed, 14 Nov 2007 17:14:55 PST

Hi,

I'm sort of new to ERM, and want to verify I'm on the right page.

I have 2 classes I'm trying to setup the mapping for, Program and ProgramDetails for which a Program can have a list of details. I'm having trouble deciding how to define the primary key for program details object. From a pure DB perspective I would have a 2 part key (ProgramID and a Seq No). I'm not sure how to lay that out using JPA and then have to show that only 1 part of the key has the relationship/FK.

Any help would be appreciated.
[Message sent by forum member 'fsa3' (fsa3)]