users@glassfish.java.net

EJBTimerService and rescheduling on server startup

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Wed, 14 Nov 2007 14:12:44 PST

Hi,
I have a problem with the EJB Timer Service in v2-b58g.
When the server has been down for a while and expiration time for single-action timers has passed, it tries to reschedule them when the server starts again.
But the problem is that the rescheduling happens to early in the startup process. My @Timeout method uses JPA to persist objects, but from what I can see JPA has not yet been initialized. This results in exception.

Rescheduling missed expiration for single-action timer '1@@1195075793050@@server@@domain1' ......
Timer expiration should have been delivered at Wed Nov 14 17:00:00 CET 2007
JDO76606: Cannot create tables for application myapp. The expected DDL file default_myapp_createDDL.jdbc is not available.

Anyone with the same experience?
I remember I had similar problems with JBoss a few years ago and it was hard to solve.

/Goran
[Message sent by forum member 'goeh' (goeh)]