users@glassfish.java.net

jsf aware ajax enabled lifecycle

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Thu, 01 Nov 2007 06:03:55 PST

I am developing a custom component and will be using ajax. My reference uses an approach that requires an alternate lifecycle, but nowhere in the book does it describe how to extend the lifecyclefactory to do this.

1) Can anyone point me at a basic example of a custom lifecycle? I understand how to set it up in web.xml, but I think the key is to write a class,

MyCustomLifeCycle extends LifeCycleFactory ...

2) Can the same effect be accomplished with just a PhaseListener?

I would appreciate hearing from anyone who has experience with developing a custom component for use in an enterprise application (on the web tier and displaying persisted data).

..\w
[Message sent by forum member 'wbossons' (wbossons)]