users@glassfish.java.net

Re: _at_Lob annotation causing an error?

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Tue, 13 Nov 2007 14:00:01 PST

Hello,

I don't think this is a problem with the Lob annotation itself, but a driver problem. Searching for the error, I found
  http://www.mydatabasesupport.com/forums/ms-sqlserver/223376-bug-setnull-index-types-blob-causes-nullpointerexception.html
and
  http://lists.ofbiz.org/pipermail/users/2004-October/005348.html

Which suggest the problem is with the setNull() method on blobs and clobs. If possible, can you try a different driver or driver version and see if the problem is resolved. If not, the first post suggested using setBinaryStream and passing in null as a workaround - a bug should be entered to see if TopLInk Essentials can work around the issue on this platform.

Best Regards,
Chris
[Message sent by forum member 'chris_delahunt' (chris_delahunt)]