users@glassfish.java.net

Need a little help adding message level security to existing Web Service

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Tue, 13 Nov 2007 04:21:19 PST

Hi everyone,
I'm posting because I am having a lot of trouble finding out how to add simple authentication SOAP based security to an existing and very simple Web Service I have.
My problem is that I have deployed the same Web Service to the Oracle Server 10.1.3 and have secured it at the message layer level by adding a gateway or "Security Interceptor" which requires authentication and authorization to let the request reach the Web Service.

I would like to achieve the same thing on Glassfish V2, be this by also using a kind of security interceptor or be it by adding security features directly to the Web Service.

I hope you do not consider this question as being too noob and that you will take some time to answer me. All I need is a tutorial on how to achieve this or a few explanations.

I thank you in advance

P.S. If my question is not clear enough do not hesitate to ask me to be more explicit.

Vinz
[Message sent by forum member 'k6olait' (k6olait)]