users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Can't set charset to UTF-8

From: Ryan Lubke <Ryan.Lubke_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Mon, 12 Nov 2007 11:28:09 -0800

Gerald Holl wrote:
> Ryan Lubke wrote:
>>> It's 3 times in the log, 2 times before the warning and once after.
>>>
>> Can you post the other two?
>
> Here it is. It's more than 3 times in the log, I didn't see it first.
Ok, looking through the source for the different filters A4J leverages,
it would seem that based off the stacktrace, A4J will set the request
encoding,
and further in the filter processing calls ServletRequest.getParameter()
which
effectively locks the encoding and causes the warning to be displayed when
an attempt is made to set it again (as is done by default in
ViewHandler.initView().