users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Can't set charset to UTF-8

From: Ryan Lubke <Ryan.Lubke_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Fri, 09 Nov 2007 09:23:47 -0800

glassfish_at_javadesktop.org wrote:
> I'm having a similar problem, but I doubt that it really has got something to do with the request because my Stacktrace continues with a ClassCastException. I don't see how a Cast and a sent/read header should fit together.
>
> It rather seems that this is another example of an JSF-Error Report that does not really provide us with the cause of the error.
>
> PWC4011: Unable to set request character encoding to UTF-8 from context /SHK, because request parameters have already been read, or ServletRequest.getReader() has already been called
> executePhase(RESTORE_VIEW 1,com.sun.faces.context.FacesContextImpl_at_bd567c) threw exception
> java.lang.ClassCastException: javax.faces.component.UIViewRoot
> at com.sun.faces.application.StateManagerImpl.restoreTree(StateManagerImpl.java:602)
> at com.sun.faces.application.StateManagerImpl.restoreTree(StateManagerImpl.java:551)
> at com.sun.faces.application.StateManagerImpl.restoreView(StateManagerImpl.java:87)

There is no useful error message for this case, as I don't think a CCE
was *ever* expected to occur here.

The line in question looks like: Class<?> t =
classMap.get(n.componentType);

classMap is defined as Map<String,Class<?>>.

Can you please describe the setup where this error is occurring
(versions, clustered, etc).