users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Map directory outside docroot

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Thu, 08 Nov 2007 18:23:44 PST

> [b]Using Java Application Server 9.1[/b]
>
> I want the server to point to a directory outside
> docroot, much like how in Apache
> using the Alias directive and Directory directive to
> grant access. How do I do that?

Look at alternate docroots. It's a Glassfish specific feature (meaning it's not portable to other containers).

http://docs.sun.com/app/docs/doc/819-3672/geqpl?a=view

> The web.xml has numerous tags
>
> 2. What is the difference between web.xml and
> sun-web.xml?

The contents and semantics of web.xml are specified by the JEE standards, the contents and semantics of sun-web.xml are specified by the Glassfish team.

web.xml is a portable artifact across containers, sun-web.xml is not.

You'll note that since alternate docroots are a Glassfish specific feature, they are configured in sun-web.xml.
[Message sent by forum member 'whartung' (whartung)]