users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Moving ALL sites and apps to Glassfish V2! :) Need some simple advice

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Thu, 08 Nov 2007 09:17:06 PST

This sounds great, thanks for all of the advice.

However, if I were to deploy the web project separately from the ear, and use remote interfaces, how would I configure virtual domains in Glassfish? Don't virtual sites require a .war be deployed to the app server?

Also, here's another approach I'm considering - letting designers use ant to build and deploy the project to production.

I would setup the app in Netbeans and import it into our SVN repo. The designers would then use TortoiseSVN to download the project. They could make whatever changes necessary to the presentation layer of the app, which is all stored in the .war project. When completed, they could run and against the build.xml that Netbeans generated and compile a .ear file, which could be deployed to the staging server via the Glassfish admin console.

Does this sound feasible? Is it a poor approach? If so, what are my drawbacks and limitations? I'm not very familiar w/ ant and have never done it this way...but it seems logical that it would work just fine.
[Message sent by forum member 'zambizzi' (zambizzi)]