users@glassfish.java.net

READ_UNCOMMITTED with GlassFish+TopLink - Problem

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Thu, 01 Nov 2007 11:42:26 PST

We have two tables: Location and Landmark. The Location table key is LocationID, which is auto generated. LocationID is used as a foreign-key in Landmark table.

We have a session EJB that inserts an entry into Location table and get the LocationID to insert to Landmark. This code was working in JBoss+Hibernate with READ_UNCOMMITTED isolation. We are migration from JBoss+Hibernate to GlassFish+TopLink.

The code failed in GlassFish. The LocationID key is not visible to the second insert call. On the console we use UNCOMMITTED READ setting.

Look like UNCOMMITTED READ failed with GlassFish+TopLink. We tested on both XA and non-XA driver on PostgreSQL.

Can anyone give us clarification whether UNCOMMITTED READ is support by TopLink? We know that Oracle database does not support UNCOMMITTED READ.

Kevin Leong
kevin_at_moblast.com
[Message sent by forum member 'moblast' (moblast)]