users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Publishing data to all instances in a cluster

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Wed, 07 Nov 2007 14:51:55 PST

Boy I'll bet the discussions over how to do this must have been really entertaining to watch.

On the one hand, the Cluster is a "single" thing, so why should each instance get a copy of the message from the Topic. Rather, each instance gets a distinct message, and the cluster processes message N times faster (with N being the number of instances in the cluster).

On the other, it's a bunch of loosely cooperating instances where something like a Topic would make complete sense to be used as a mechanism for sharing information across them.

Yea, I bet those were good times. Someone didn't walk away happy from those :-).
[Message sent by forum member 'whartung' (whartung)]