users@glassfish.java.net

Inheritance when accessing objects via EJB

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Wed, 07 Nov 2007 13:40:57 PST

My question is related to Java EE and not specifically to Glassfish.

I have a class CarDTO that extends VehicleDTO in my ejb project. In my Java SE client I make a EJB method call that returns an object of type CarDTO.

On inspecting the CarDTO object on the client I find that all the inherited attributes from VehicleDTO are set as null even though on the server side that are being set with non-null values.

Can someone confirm if this is the expected behaviour. If so, then I have to flatten out all my DTO objects and get rid of the inheritance.
[Message sent by forum member 'r_sudh' (r_sudh)]