users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Installing GlassFish on a Managed Private Server

From: Gabe Wong <gabrielw_at_ngasi.com>
Date: Wed, 07 Nov 2007 13:07:39 -0800

glassfish_at_javadesktop.org wrote:
> Do you have a link for Glassfish virtual hosting services?
>
> Also, who is right--you or the previous reply which said to install GlassFish for every domain?
>
> I'm confused about how to get GlassFish working for each domain. My domains are already set up on a managed private server. Installing GlassFish in one domain's folder seems logical, desired and easier--but how would do what you proposed, access applications from existing domains, and get them to run GlassFish deployed applications by hitting domain-specific URLs? Do I have to modify apache files?
> [Message sent by forum member 'writex' (writex)]

They are both valid responses depending on what it is you want to
achieve. If indeed it will be the same system user that will be
accessing and managing
Glassfish then the most recent post with the 1 installation solution
would work. However my understanding from your original post is that
it seem you wanted to provide the hosting for the different domains for
different users. In that case you may want to consider my original response.
Also if your private server is a VPS then you need to take into
consideration your available RAM memory

--
Regards
Gabe Wong