users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Read file from docroot

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Tue, 06 Nov 2007 12:29:50 PST

I'm not sure I understand how virtual servers came into the picture in this thread. :)
I believe the original poster used the term "docroot" in the context of his application, since he was talking about "localhost:8080/App".

I would say that in the context of a webapp, docroot specifies the physical location of the webapp's context root. This location is given by the "location" attribute of the webapp's <web-module> element in domain.xml. Any path names passed to ServletContext.getResource() or ServletContext.getRealPath() will be resolved by the container relative to the value of the web-moduel's "location" attribute.

In the case of a virtual server, docroot specifies the physical location of the virtual server's root context (with path "/"), and is given by the "docroot" property of the virtual server's <virtual-server> element in domain.xml.

Hope this helps.

Jan
[Message sent by forum member 'jluehe' (jluehe)]