users@glassfish.java.net

Re: how do you turn off directory listings?

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Tue, 06 Nov 2007 12:08:02 PST

> > Is this because of some code generation magic
> during deployment?
>
> Yes. This has bitten me before, in this and other
> contexts -- it turns
> out that the default-web.xml is consulted only during
> deployment, and
> not during runtime. When an app is deployed, it
> inherits whatever
> settings are in default-web.xml *at that time*, and a
> web.xml is built
> based on the web.xml from the war file and whatever
> settings aren't
> overridden from default-web.xml. That web.xml is
> stored in the
> generated/j2ee-{apps,modules}/... directory, and that
> web.xml is the
> only thing that controls an apps behavior during
> runtime.

Thanks Scott, for confirming.
I believe you are referring to <domain-folder>/generated/xml/j2ee-[modules,apps]/app-name/WEB-INF/web.xml
file.

But how could we solve this problem, unless we mark all the generated web.xml's as
"dirty" when default-web.xml is modified (forcing regeneration)?

- Kedar
[Message sent by forum member 'km' (km)]