users@glassfish.java.net

how can my web service override the default realm for wsit security?

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Thu, 01 Nov 2007 08:38:00 PST

I have a web service that uses username authentication with symmetric keys under Glassfish and included WSIT libraries. I am injecting username and password properties into the service port object's request context in the client. This works fine for the file realm.

I can also change the default realm for the domain to ldap, so my LDAP server is used to authenticate username and password. This also works fine.

How can I specify in my application deployment descriptors that the ldap realm is to be used in place of the default configured realm?

I have tried deploying as an enterprise application and setting realm as ldap in sun-application.xml -- with no luck.

I have also tried setting security constraints based on the servlet path in web.xml, but then I can't obtain the service port object at the client as it requires authentication -- a chicken and egg situation.

I'm Using Netbeans 5.5.1, Glassfish v2 b58c, Java 1.5, Netbeans WSIT 2.41.

Can anyone help?
TIA
[Message sent by forum member 'sennen' (sennen)]