users@glassfish.java.net

Re: How to manage threads that process web service requests?

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Fri, 30 Nov 2007 05:17:11 PST

Well, thanks for your answer they are pretty near to what I need and very well described.

I guess the solution lies somewhere between your two hints.

I absolutely need to get hold of the threads that are used to process the web service request. So the pipeline solution would allow me to create the threads myself which would help but I can't see how to associate these threads with the web service they are used for. On the other hand in the enableRCM way I can identify the service via a part of their URL.

So I need both. Any idea?

I'm a bit confused: what is the sense of being able to create thread pools in the admin-gui if I'm not able to control what they are used for???

anyway thanks for your help more ideas are welcome
[Message sent by forum member 'wierob' (wierob)]