users@glassfish.java.net

Re: AIX: v2ur1 - admin console login problems

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2007 21:54:24 PST

Good point. There is a significant room for improvement here.

Unless you know that the default admin user is "admin" and default admin password is
"adminadmin", you just can't use admin console.

The problematic part is when you do "asadmin setup.xml" or "asadmin setup-cluster.xml" you
don't know what these credentials are and that's why you keep on wondering what they are.

I suggest you file an RFE/bug. The fix is simple. Just change the setup.xml as:
[code]
    168 <!-- ============= CREATE DEFAULT DOMAIN =================== -->
    169 <antcall target="create.domain"/>
    170 <echo message="Remember: Your admin user name is: ${admin.user}"/>
    171 <echo message="Remember: Your admin password is: ${admin.password}"/>
    172
    173 </target>
[/code]
and the installation becomes self-documenting.

Bypassing the admin console security is not the best thing to do, although that's possible.

I am also interested in winning the virtual coconut :)

- Kedar
[Message sent by forum member 'km' (km)]