users@glassfish.java.net

AIX: v2ur1 - admin console login problems

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2007 07:20:18 PST

Hello. I've installed v2ur1 on AIX 5.3 (ppc64).

The unpacking and Ant config completed with no errors. The default domain, domain1 starts up no problem. When I try to login into the admin console it fails - "Authentication failed, Re-enter your username and password". I'd like to know how to troubleshoot this, i.e. turn on some additional logging or find why its failing.

TIA,
David Victor.

--
I think I'm entering the correct default ids and passwords from the developer profile.
In my home dir there is:
.asadminpass: asadmin://admin_at_localhost:4848 YWRtaW5hZG1pbg==
The Ant config - completed thus.
create.domain:
     [exec] Current OS is AIX
     [exec] Executing '/users/dev/ics_c/r/src/java/glassfish/bin/asadmin' with arguments:
     [exec] 'create-domain'
     [exec] '--adminport'
     [exec] '4848'
     [exec] '--instanceport'
     [exec] '9080'
     [exec] '--user'
     [exec] 'admin'
     [exec] '--passwordfile'
     [exec] '/users/dev/ics_c/red/dbar0ric/src/java/glassfish/passfile'
     [exec] '--domainproperties'
     [exec] 'orb.listener.port=3700:jms.port=7676:http.ssl.port=9181'
     [exec] '--savelogin'
     [exec] 'domain1'
     [exec]
     [exec] The ' characters around the executable and arguments are
     [exec] not part of the command.
     [exec] Using port 4848 for Admin.
     [exec] Using port 9080 for HTTP Instance.
     [exec] Using port 7676 for JMS.
     [exec] Using port 3700 for IIOP.
     [exec] Using port 9181 for HTTP_SSL.
     [exec] Using default port 3820 for IIOP_SSL.
     [exec] Using default port 3920 for IIOP_MUTUALAUTH.
     [exec] Using default port 8686 for JMX_ADMIN.
     [exec] Domain being created with profile:developer, as specified by variable AS_ADMIN_PROFILE in configuration file.
     [exec] Security Store uses: JKS
     [exec] Domain domain1 created.
     [exec] Login information relevant to admin user name [admin] for this domain [domain1] stored at [/users/dev//.asadminpass] successfully.
     [exec] Make sure that this file remains protected. Information stored in this file will be used by asadmin commands to manage this domain.
   [delete] Deleting: /users/dev//src/java/glassfish/passfile
  [antcall] Exiting /users/dev//src/java/glassfish/setup.xml
The domain starts up ok:
Admin Console is available at [http://localhost:4848].
Use the same port [4848] for "asadmin" commands.
User web applications are available at these URLs:
[http://localhost:9080 https://localhost:9181 ].
[Message sent by forum member 'dvb123' (dvb123)]