users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Connecting to additional http listeners?

From: Jeanfrancois Arcand <Jeanfrancois.Arcand_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2007 17:03:16 -0500

glassfish_at_javadesktop.org wrote:
> Sorry I figured this out, very basic mistake.
>
> How can I delete or remove a posting like this?

Your post is still important :-) I suspect port 81 was using SSL (one of
the port), right? Issuing a clean request on an SSL port in Java always
create the behavior your have experienced, e.g. you connection loops
forever (the reverse is true as well). All Java Web Server will suffer
the same problem.

Fortunately for GlassFish :-), we have a mechanism that allow sending
http requests to secure/ssl port [1] and vice versa (the mechanism allow
supporting more that one transport using one port).

What you can do is edit your http-listener using admin cli or gui, and
add the following property under your http-listener port="81"

<property name="proxiedProtocols" value="http"/>

Save. Now doing:

http://1.2.3.4:81/getStuff

and

https://1.2.3.4:81/getStuff

will both works. Note that the reverse works as well. You can define the
http-listener port=80 with:

<property name="proxiedProtocols" value="tls"/> and now:

http://1.2.3.4:80/getStuff

and

https://1.2.3.4:80/getStuff

will both works.