users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Error while installing glassfish

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2007 07:36:13 PST

Another post reported the same issue:

The relevant part error is, when executing this command, windows complains "The syntax of the command is incorrect"
[exec] Executing 'C:\glassfish\bin\asadmin.bat' with arguments:
[exec] 'create-domain'
[exec] '--adminport'
[exec] '4848'
[exec] '--instanceport'
[exec] '8080'
[exec] '--user'
[exec] 'admin'
[exec] '--passwordfile'
[exec] 'C:\glassfish/passfile'
[exec] '--domainproperties'
[exec] 'orb.listener.port=3700:jms.port=7676:http.ssl.port=8181'
[exec] '--savelogin'
[exec] 'domain1'
[exec]
 [exec] The syntax of the command is incorrect

Are you logged in as Administrator user? From the error log, you are running windows vista, which I don't have. But I've never seen this on my windows xp.

If you still have this problem, you can try install Sun's GlassFish V2 Distribution, which is essentially the same as glassfish v2 b58 but has a different installer:
https://glassfish.dev.java.net/public/downloadsindex.html

-cheng
[Message sent by forum member 'cf126330' (cf126330)]