users@glassfish.java.net

Re: another question on clustering

From: Alexis Moussine-Pouchkine <alexis.mp_at_sun.com>
Date: Mon, 26 Nov 2007 16:37:38 +0100

Hello Georgios,

The clustering and data-replication feature does not require specific
load-balancing solution. You can use the software load-balancer
provided with GlassFish (and administer it from the GF admin console)
or use any third party session load-balancing such as BigIP's F5 as
described here:
http://blogs.sun.com/Prashanth/entry/load_balancing_glassfish_v2_with
In any case, you do need some sort of load-balancing "in front" of your
cluster.

I would recommend you read this documentation :
https://glassfish.dev.java.net/javaee5/build/GlassFish_LB_Cluster.html
http://developers.sun.com/appserver/reference/techart/glassfishcluster/

and also listen to the GlassFish v2 presentation from this past JavaOne:
http://developers.sun.com/learning/javaoneonline/j1sessn.jsp?sessn=TS-4436&yr=2007&track=3

thanks,
-Alexis