users@glassfish.java.net

Re: An object that runs for the lifetime of the application server???

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Fri, 23 Nov 2007 16:08:56 PST

> I was thinking a Custom MBean may be the way to go,
> but is there something I'm missing from the standard
> Java EE architecture that would allow for an object
> like this? Custom MBeans just seem to have a number
> of issues when interacting with EJBs and other Java
> EE 5 components.

You should look at LifecycleListener interface i.e. notified when the server is starting
up and shutting down -- package com/sun/appserv/server/ in appserv-ext.jar. See
developer guide for documentation.

Just out-of-curiosity -- can you list the number of problems you have with custom MBeans?
I think custom MBeans are not best suited for what you want to do, but I want to understand
what problems you run into ...

Regards,
Kedar
[Message sent by forum member 'km' (km)]