users@glassfish.java.net

LifecycleFactory not found

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Thu, 22 Nov 2007 05:41:45 PST

Hello!

I just downloaded NetBeans IDE 6.0 and installed with this distribution the Sun Application Server and GlassFish Server. Then I created with the wizards of NetBeans a new WebProject with JSF as framework. I did no modifications to any source files. Then I deployed it to Sun Java System Application Server 9 and deployment works fine and the sample even runs. Next I changed the server to GlassFish V2 and did another deployment. In this case I get the following error (just the last lines of stack trace).

WebModule[/JSFSimple]PWC1275: Exception sending context initialized event to listener instance of class com.sun.faces.config.ConfigureListener
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: javax/faces/lifecycle/LifecycleFactory
        at java.security.SecureClassLoader.defineClass(SecureClassLoader.java:124)
        at java.net.URLClassLoader.defineClass(URLClassLoader.java:260)

The class javax/faces/lifecycle/LifecycleFactory is included in javaee.jar which is by default included in GlassFish. I am wondering why I get this error with GlassFish but not with the Sun Server. Any ideas?

Best Regards, Georg
[Message sent by forum member 'horowitzathome' (horowitzathome)]