users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Server fails to shutdown when asadmin stop-domain is invoked

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Fri, 26 Oct 2007 02:07:19 PDT

Hi Kedar

My OS is Wndows XP so I cannot execute your command as intended. Nevertheless I tryed it with the win substitute taskkill. Here the results:

1. Taskkill on the correct running server process:
The process does not respond to the signal. Then I invoked asadmin stop-domain an got the following message: The domain (domain1) isn't running. So something must have been happening, but no entries in the server log. To terminate the server process, the taskkill had to be enforced.

2. Taskkill on the process after shutting down with asadmin stop-domain. No reaction. The killing had to be enforced.

Does this give you any hints solving my problem?

So long,
Rainer
[Message sent by forum member 'brutus' (brutus)]