users@glassfish.java.net

Re: auto-deploy

From: Sivakumar Thyagarajan <Sivakumar.Thyagarajan_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Fri, 26 Oct 2007 14:03:34 +0530

glassfish_at_javadesktop.org wrote:
> Yes. I am aware of that. It is the auto-deploy that I was interested in. I want to test it out. I have heard a lot of good things about it - especially improved classloaders/classloading. Hot deploy is a big concern in production environments. that's the reason. Also, development will als o be much easier I think. I will take Kedar's suggestion of using the ant script.
>
> on a related note: URLClassLoader is still used if I am not wrong. So, I guess, the classloader itself hasn't changed. Is that right?

I couldn't understand what exactly you are looking for, but all web and EJB
application classloaders are finally extensions or subclasses of URLClassLoader
or custom implementations of ClassLoader. For how auto-deploy is handled, the
sources at
http://fisheye5.cenqua.com/browse/glassfish/appserv-core/src/java/com/sun/enterprise/deployment/autodeploy
might help.

Thanks