users@glassfish.java.net

Content-Disposition ignored by mobile devices.

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Thu, 25 Oct 2007 02:02:07 PDT

I'm trying to stream a file from a servlet. I use the Content-Disposition header to set the filename. This works well with firefox etc but it seems to be ignored on mobile phones like Samsung and Sony-Ericson. Nokia seems to deal with it properly.

I think rfc 2184 connected with the Content-Disposition header is depricated but all the examples I have found on the net relating to streaming content still refer to the Content-Disposition header. Is there an alternative header I should use or is this a lost case with some cell phones? At the moment I am setting the Content-Disposition header and the Content Type.
[Message sent by forum member 'waynetg' (waynetg)]