users@glassfish.java.net

Serious bug in DynamicInterceptor.checkForIllegalMBean

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2007 16:09:15 PDT

I've been fiddling with Glassfish (the bundle with the latest NB 6).

It is pretty nice *but* there appears to be a serious bug in DynamicInterceptor.checkForIllegalMBean().

This method assumes that the incoming ObjectName is non-null, while the Java API spec clearly states that it can be null. I leverage null input in my registration callbacks to have the MBean compute its own ObjectName -- and this works in Sun Java Web Server 7, Tomcat 5 through 6, etc.

Is this a known issue?
[Message sent by forum member 'jess_holle' (jess_holle)]