users@glassfish.java.net

Transient fields

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Fri, 19 Oct 2007 21:55:52 PDT

I have a transient member that causes an exception by GlassFish:
Exception Description: Cannot determine the type (class) of the property attribute [lastPerson] in entity class [class com.bluebricks.net.entity.RecipientGroup]. Ensure there is corresponding get method for that property name on the entity class.

This is only used internally in the class, and is not to be persisted.

I've marked it as transient in my XML:

<transient name="lastPerson"/>

I've also tried using the transient modifier when declaring it.

Do I really need to pollute my code with a getter and a setter for this member even though it is transient and should therefore be ignored by the persistence manager?

//Marius
[Message sent by forum member 'mariusw' (mariusw)]