users@glassfish.java.net

Re: multiple contexts pointing to same web app?

From: Bobby Bissett - Javasoft <Robert.Bissett_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Tue, 02 Oct 2007 15:57:19 -0400

glassfish_at_javadesktop.org wrote:
> Why can't you map your app to the root context?

The short answer is that we can't. :)

The medium answer is that something else is there already. I'd like to
have /a/index.jsp and /b/index.jsp (for example) point to the same app,
but /index.jsp is another app.

> You could (in theory) deploy the app to both /a and /b, but
> internally they would be "different" apps.
>
> You also can't readily map /b to /a. You can't even do something
> clever like put a filter in "/b" that simply forwards to the
> corresponding url in /a, because you can't forward across
> applications -- you could redirect, but that's not the same thing.
> [Message sent by forum member 'whartung' (whartung)]

Thanks. This is what I was thinking, but wanted to ask to make sure
there wasn't something I was missing. The main reason for doing this is
cosmetic: to avoid some potentially confusing urls. Instead, will just
try to make 'em easy to understand.

Cheers,
Bobby