users@glassfish.java.net

Re: JAAS jdbcRealm error

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Fri, 05 Oct 2007 11:34:20 PDT

* I would appreciate the details on the "old versions" of AS not working.
* I'm glad you got things working.
* Can you change this post from "not answered" to "answered"?

I wrote a Web Module, AuthAdmin, that will help administer your auth database. You can view the users/edit/add/delete change/add roles. If your realm name is "userauth" you can just deploy it and it should work. If the realm name is different you need to change web.xml for the AuthAdmin project.

It uses a library, elf-gf, which has DB specific code. You can add/update/delete users programatically with the classes in elf-gf. E.g. this is how you can add a user to the DB when a web user is allowed to create their own account.

I can only attach 2 files per post -- I'll put the third file in the next post.
[Message sent by forum member 'bnevins' (bnevins)]