users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Setup new system

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2007 03:43:32 PST

Hi Kedar,

> OpenSolaris/Solaris 10

We will try it now with openSuSE because the rented admin has no experience with solaris.

> We will provide all the help you want.

Thats great - and i realy have some addtional question to the documentation:)

Profile:
When do i define profile, after installation just by changing value of AS_ADMIN_PROFILE manually in asadminenv.conf?

NodeAgent:
I have read the documentations and dont understand this:
1. Installation/Select components: "all machine that contain application server instance need an node agent"
2. Quick Start/To Start Node Agent: "You can use node agents only on domains with the cluster or enterprise profile"

I see an difference between 1. and 2.
During installation i would choose node agent, because also its an single machine, it has one applicaiton server instance.
Should i choose node agent component during installation, also i just want to use developer profile?

(all theoretically - just do some preliminary planning)

thanx,
Hammoud
[Message sent by forum member 'hammoud' (hammoud)]