users@glassfish.java.net

Re: what is glassfish update center usage?

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Thu, 04 Oct 2007 10:52:00 PDT

> Hi
> Thank you for reading my post
> Can some one explain what is glassfish update center
> usage?
> Can it update artifacts of a deployed ear, rar or war
> files which
> deployed into the server?

Not yet. Update center has 2 parts:
- repository
- client UI.

For it work, both the above have to be modified. At the moment, there is a limited
functionality that is exposed through the client. In the future, there would be more.
Today, there are a handful on addon like binaries that can be installed using UC.
In the future, we might be able to host more stuff there.

- Kedar