users@glassfish.java.net

SSI not rendered in Firefox but works in IE.

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Mon, 29 Oct 2007 11:04:14 PST

Folks,

I have a simple need to serve .shtml files by glassfish. I have followed the instructions per Jean-Francois Arcand's Blog http://weblogs.java.net/blog/jfarcand/archive/2007/02/enabling_server_1.html.

The .shtml page is displayed correctly in IE but in Firefox, the firefox prompts to save the file. There is some configuration that is missing in Glassfish that is causing firefox to interpret in a way that it thinks it is not text content. It works ok in IE because IE is little bit more forgiving when it comes to standards. My *.shtml file is very simple:
====
<head>
<title>FOLIOfn</title>
<script language=javascript>
<!--
if (top == self) location.replace('/index.jsp');
//-->
</script>
</head>
====

It is simple rewrite. I have a little more complex shtml with some include directives and no rewrite, I get identical results, works in IE but asks to save file in Firefox.

Any ideas? I am thinking some configuration is missing in Glassfish. I have checked and verified that SSI servlet is configured and is called since I single stepped into the SSIServlet via debuger, the response stream looks ok.

Verified that the MIME type is text/x-server-parsed-html.
--
Sanjay
[Message sent by forum member 'sanjaydwivedi' (sanjaydwivedi)]