users@glassfish.java.net

accessing properties file across jars

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Sat, 27 Oct 2007 10:45:21 PDT

I have a commons library with custom classes to load properties files packaged in a my-commons.jar file. This is dropped in the domains lib/ext folder.

In my ejb applications jar file I'm using the properties loader class in the "my-commons.jar" to load a properties file in my ejb application. I get an exception as follows:

"Caused by: java.util.MissingResourceException: Can't find bundle for base name...."

If my move the properties loader classes into my ejb applications project everything works as expected.

How can I get the classes in my-commons.jar see the properties file in my-ejbapp.jar. I know other libraries such log4j etc do this all the time.
[Message sent by forum member 'r_sudh' (r_sudh)]