users@glassfish.java.net

Re: AccessControlException using Java Web Start. Appclient script

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Fri, 26 Oct 2007 11:01:05 PDT

Hi, Marina.

I am not positive, but at least on the surface it does not seem to be the same. At least not given the errors reported in the two cases.

In this case the problem was definitely related to security permissions. In Lance's case, at least on the surface, it seemed to be a class/resource loading issue. I suppose it's possible that at a deeper level a security problem might be masquerading as a class loading problem. I just skimmed the issue again and I know Lance attached a sample app to the issue. I will try to experiment with that sample at some point, maybe next week.

- Tim
[Message sent by forum member 'tjquinn' (tjquinn)]