users@glassfish.java.net

Oracle Connection Pool Issues

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Wed, 26 Sep 2007 06:24:03 PDT

I'm running into the same problem described here:

http://forum.java.sun.com/thread.jspa?threadID=5184185&messageID=9721598

When I try to use XMLType.createXML(conn, xmlString), where conn is a Connection from the connection pool on the application server, I get this:

Exception : com.sun.gjc.spi.jdbc40.ConnectionHolder40 cannot be cast to oracle.jdbc.OracleConnection

So, even though the datasource classname is "oracle.jdbc.pool.OracleDataSource", it is not returning connection of type "oracle.jdbc.OracleConnection", it's returning some kind of home-grown "ConnectionHolder40" type.

Anyone know how I could setup a connection pool on the application server to return "OracleConnection" type connections?
[Message sent by forum member 'wfsaxton' (wfsaxton)]