users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Locking Issue With Sequences Is There a Better JPA Way?

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Tue, 25 Sep 2007 17:53:02 PDT

unfortunately the children contain a fk to the parent so it has to be the other way round. I can make it work by persisting the parents first but haven't been having this problem with hibernate for some reason. Ideally i would like everything to be in one uber transaction but I run out memory, even if I flush and the clear doesn't work as it detach's to many things.
Anyway I think the answer it to wait for the larger transaction support and use hibernate for the time being.
[Message sent by forum member 'nwakefield' (nwakefield)]