users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Can I define multiple inbound resource adapters?

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Sun, 23 Sep 2007 21:33:38 PDT

OK, I've found the following at the end of the JCA 1.5 specification. Section 17.3.1 states

Inbound resource adapter information

    * Message listener type: The resource adapter provider must specify one or
      more message listener types supported by a messaging resource adapter. The
      message listener type is the fully qualified name of the Java type of a message
      listener interface.
    * ActivationSpec class: The resource adapter provider must specify the fully
      qualified Java class name of the activation specification class. The
      implementation of this class must be a JavaBean. An ActivationSpec
      specifies an activation specification per message listener type. The
      ActivationSpec is configured by a message endpoint deployer during
      application deployment.

So, an adapter should be allowed to define multiple inbound resource adapters. Or, at least that's how I interpret it. :)

So, is there someway in the sun-ejb-jar.xml, or other means, to instruct an MDB which ActivationSpec to use? The MDB is implementing the correct interface, so it's like the Glassfish container is not retrieving the correct ActivationSpec for the listener interface that is being used by the MDB. Specifically, my MDB is stating which messageListenerInterface it's using

    messageListenerInterface=com.intecbilling.connector.interaction.TreEventListener.class,

So why doesn't the container get the correct ActivationSpec implementation that is defined for that interface?

Thanks,
Ed
[Message sent by forum member 'hildo' (hildo)]