users@glassfish.java.net

Configuring same webapp differently

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Fri, 21 Sep 2007 08:32:19 PDT

Hi!

I'm on Glassfish v2 (SJAS9.1), and I'm trying to set up a web application (war) that has a static jndi reference to the database.

According to this page: http://wiki.glassfish.java.net/Wiki.jsp?page=GlassFishVsTomcat

it's now possible to have different configurations of the same app. Can anyone share how this is done?

What I'm trying to do:

WAR has static jndi reference "jdbc/mydb".

I want to deploy three copies of this app, each with its own virtual host, with addresses server1.example.com, server2.example.com and server3.example.com.

I'd like some way of mapping the jndi ref to the database for each virtual host like this:

server1.example.com "jdbc/mydb" -> "jdbc/server1db"
server2.example.com "jdbc/mydb" -> "jdbc/server2db"
server3.example.com "jdbc/mydb" -> "jdbc/server3db"

I suppose I could do this by making a domain for each server, instead, but I'm not sure if more than one domain can use port 80, which is a requirement for me.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.
[Message sent by forum member 'dapendragon' (dapendragon)]