users@glassfish.java.net

JWS SOAP/JMS binding

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Wed, 05 Sep 2007 02:27:08 PDT

In light of the proposed standard:

http://www.infoq.com/news/2007/01/soap-jmi-standard

Do you know if there is any planned implementation of this in glassfish?

As part of integration of systems across the enterprise I can see this as being extremely useful since *SOME* jms implementations make it easy to see the messages flying about - something that HTTP isn't as good at without managed switches and packet sniffers.

I believe axis2 may support this - but it would be nice if I could use it with JWS. If theres no planned effort I'm considering writing my own binding. I think it would probably be quite a nice little project for me.

I'm reading a book by Hansen - SOA Using Java Web Services, which I would say is a very nice overview of JWS and pulls together quite a few ideas for me personally.

Regards,
Peter T
[Message sent by forum member 'taylor_tails' (taylor_tails)]