users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Running GlassFish with Apache httpd

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Thu, 20 Sep 2007 02:59:44 PDT

huggy77
Thanks for your input, I have found the problem that was causing all my problems I had not set the JAVA_HOME (duh!) did this and now it works both ways for me while using proxy_ajp instead of proxy_http, which is really not what I was looking for and the mod_jk works fine as well son now I get the chioice.

I took it for granted that JAVA_HOME was set because I had no problems compiling and running java programs without setting the classpath, such a simple thing that I just did not check ooops! I am runing Ubuntu 6.06 LTS and the latest v2 b58g of glassfish and Apache 2.2.6 with the latest .jar files needed in the glassfish/lib.

One thing I have not managed to find out is what have they called the tomcat-ajp.jar in version 6 or is it not there at all? certainly no server directory anymore. Thanks again for your efferts much appreitiated.
[Message sent by forum member 'chainy' (chainy)]